A while ago I had to do a bit of work with the TFS Subscription service. The annoying problem was I needed to find a particular subscription and the tools that came out of the box weren't very helpful. I also wanted to keep the original subscription details but just add to it. So I created this little app
This little app will enable you to
- View TFS Event Subscriptions from a machine that has the TFS 2010 or TFS 2012 client installed
- Create a new event subscription from an existing one.
- Unsubscribe from an event
- Type in your TFS URL in most cases this would be http://tfs:8080/tfs if you have several instances ensure you place the correct instance onto the URL the above will usually give you the default instance. If you have an instance called “test” the url would be http://tfs:8080/tfs/test .
- Type in your TFS username and password and hit the “List Subscriptions” button.
- Select the subscription you’d like to look at and this will be shown in more detail in the bottom right hand section of the app called “Selected Event”
- You can now unsubscribe or create a new event from the event you just selected. Ensure you change the event first or you may get an error having duplicate events.
In the sample picture you can see I am using the app to make a change to the Scrum For Team System event service by adding more WITs to it.
Most of the credit for the example code for this app should go to Rene van Osnabrugge’s article found here all I have done is throw a GUI on the front and added a few more functions that enable me to copy events.
Before using this app I would like to point out the following (pretty standard stuff)
- Use of this app is completely at your own risk I or my employer accept no responsibility what so ever for any unintended effects as a result of its usage. If you are worried I would recommend downloading the code and stepping through it.
- The code is rough and ready (I created it in a hurry) and is provided as is, by all means please look at the code before running the executable.
- Please let me know if it was at all helpful
Download the Code
Download the TFS 2010 Executable Only
Download the TFS 2012 Executable Only